Monday, August 9, 2010

Blackberry Jam!


This week I foraged for wild blackberries! I have been waiting very patiently for them to turn. Luckily I have read that the best jam is made with slightly under ripened blackberries. The best cookbook I have found for country recipes is ‘Fanny Farmer Cookbook’ by the Boston Cooking School. It is filled with amazing, solid, simplistic recipes like your grandmother used. My book is the tenth edition and was published in 1959. The first edition was printed in 1896.



Madison, named after the town my grandmother lived in.











A last minute scramble to find the new ball lids I bought last fall. I used Ball and Drey jars that were used by a friends great great grandmother at the turn of the last century.

Yumm... The smell and color of wild blackberries is incredible! Off to share with my neighbors and parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment