Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Madison mighty cat a.k.a. Schmitty

This is Madison... he is my wonderful four
year old Mancoon cat. He is the best pet
I have ever known. I never had a cat and
everyone's cats never played with me. So
when Madison came into my life I guess I
just raised him like a dog. He runs to
greet me when I come home, he licks my
face and he comes when you call his name
He plays all the time with me and with
anything. Toys that I buy bore him, but hair
ties and empty toilet paper rolls are his
favorite. He loves anything from the garden
and his favorite food is freshly shelled
peas. He will cry for them when I bring them
inside. He is fascinated with the basement
and his favorite bed is any clothing that I
have worn. I grew up in an age that when you
had a few pictures left at the end of you
film roll you used them up on your pets.
Well I still do that but with 2 gb of digital
memory :o)

Baby Madison :o) This is my babes right when I found
him. A friendlet me borrow this carrier. It's
pictures like this that make me wish I took more.


Madison likes to be the tallest person in the room.
If you are tall and come into the room he is in,
he will climb up you and try to sit on your head.


"Madison Mighty Cat" is what his tag says. Is it Maine Coon or Mancoon? Well I was told a long time ago by a reputable West Virginian that my cat was a Mancoon. I thought it must have been something that his family had passed down. Then one day I was watching Jack Hannah's animal adventures and he was entering his Maine Coon in a cat breading competition! The correct name is Maine Coon but the pronunciation is Mancoon... so that is the spelling I like best. I have read that they are known for their hunting skills. Let me tell you that is true! Madison is a ninja cat; he can catch a fly with one paw. If a moth gets in the house he will not sleep until he has made it his lunch :o) He will make a good farm cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment